Wednesday 30 June 2010

Deathwatch Kill-team conversions

Checking out Fantasy Flight Games new Deathwatch roleplaying game, I was inspired to convert a bunch of Battle-Brothers for a game against some alien beasties (I've had some Black Scorpion aliens knocking around for a while, and really want some of Hasslefree's Mesaans too). As I've never really played Space Marines I only had a few around, which were all unusual or special miniatures I'd picked up. As I was unlikely to ever use them in an army, I thought a small, elite alien-hunting Kill-team was a good use for them.

So here they are- several of these are limited edition or even unreleased, so although they're converted no actual harm was done to the base model and they can, in theory, be returned to their original state!
Deathwatch Tactical Marine, made from an Ultramarines Tyranic War Veteran.


Deathwatch Assault Marine, made from a Games Day exclusive miniature with the Thunder Hammer from the Iron Hands Tactical squad boxed set.

Deathwatch Tactical Marine, made from a Bloodquest Sergeant Tranio miniature (I don't have the left arm, so could never assemble it as intended anyway).

Kill-team leader, made from the webstore exclusive miniature.

Deathwatch Devastator, made with bionic legs and head from the Iron Hands Tactical Squad boxed set.

5 comments:

  1. Those look good. Ive always like the Iron Hand bits and any marine with bionics. Have you seen the new bionic bits from MaxMini http://www.maxmini.eu/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=12&products_id=101 ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just starting to think no one wanted anything to do with Space Marines ;-)
    I have seen the maxmini stuff, and at some point I'll probably get some, maybe not for Space Marines (as I only plan to do the small kill-team) but more likely for space pirate types.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for upping this post but...Where did you find tranio?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for upping this old post but. ..Where did you find tranio?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No problem Marco! The sculptor gave it to me :-)

    ReplyDelete