Tuesday 22 April 2014

Rogue Trader conversion

I've always loved the Rogue Trader as a character type, and as such I'm always looking for miniatures to do it justice. I've converted a few over the years, and here's my latest effort.



He can be used in 1st edition 40k easily enough, as the random equipment tables can easily accommodate his power sword, needle pistol and whatever other toys might prove useful. In 6th edition 40k he can very easily use the rules for the Ordo Xenos Inquisitor, as these also have access to the needle pistol, servo skulls and various other gear a Rogue Trader would definitely have, plus Inquisitors can be taken in lots of armies, representing his household troops.

I plan to paint him up in in traditional naval colours- dark blue coat, white uniform, lots of gold trim and the like. I'll post a picture once he's painted. After that I'll do some pith helmeted imperial guard painted in the uniforms of victorian era Royal Marines :-)

9 comments:

  1. Really good, Just got myself the kit for the exact same purpose :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool, post a link when you do your conversion :-£

      Delete
    2. Sure thing, where does you needle gun come from btw?

      Delete
    3. It's from the fanatic Mordheim Amazons weapon sprue, and very useful it is too!

      Delete
  2. He looks great, although its hard to top the Hasslefree Privateer Godwin conversion that was shown here a couple of years ago. Still, a servo skull with a bicorne adds a lot of panache.

    I have a couple of Ramshackle miniatures painted for use as Imperial navy officers, so I will keep my Rogue Traders colour scheme distinct from that I think (whenever I get around to the painting the guy. He keeps getting bumped down the queue).

    Its good to see some activity around here again too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Napoleon Bonaparte, eat your heart out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this conversion, especially the bicorne on the servo skull. Very cool work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work Andy, can't wait to see him painted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andy that is great. He has a such a great RT vibe about him. Really looking forward to seeing him painted. I may even be lucky enough to face him in an Inquisitor game.

    PDH

    ReplyDelete